Pages

12 February 2014

A Song to Celebrate Valentine's Day

It's Samantha again! Valentine’s Day is coming up, guys! So, I thought a love song would be appropriate. There are a lot of great wedding and wedding-style songs out there, but this song left them all behind; “Two Words” by Lea Salonga. Filipino pop star, Broadway legend, and UN Special Ambassador (not to mention the singing voice of Jasmine and Mulan!)



“Two Words” was a wedding gift Lea wrote for some friends. She even sang it when she married her husband, Daniel Chien (pictured above at their wedding). It summed up the whole meaning of loving someone and the enormity of a wedding into, well, two words; “I do.” This song was so beautiful that I put it into Kerri and Rob’s wedding video.  Great for anyone who’s walking down the aisle!

Lyrics:
In a while, in a word,
Every moment now returns.
For a while, seen or heard,
How each memory softly burns.
Facing you who brings me new tomorrows,
I thank God for yesterdays,
How they led me to this very hour,
How they led me to this place...

Every touch, every smile,
You have given me in care.
Keep in heart, always I'll,
Now be treasuring everywhere.
And if life should come to just one question,
Do I hold each moment true?
No trace of sadness,
Always with gladness.
'I Do.

No comments:

Post a Comment